Thursday, October 4, 2012

One word

“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life:
That word is love.” 

― Sophocles



My leaving, in mind and body, hurt. It hurt me, it hurt my lover... it caused both he and I to question ...well, everything. Neither of us is particularly good at sharing our emotions, especially if they are painful ones. He was scared I wasn't coming back, and I was scared he would stop loving me, and neither of us was really talking about it.

I was working on this piece, didn't really know where I was going with it, when he texted me.

He texted me a poem, a beautiful poem... In it, he compares himself to an oak tree: solid, strong, and inherently rooted. Myself he likened to a bird: flighty and indecisive, but free. He invites me home, to him, in his tree. Together, our dichotomy creates a Symphony.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Here, inside my Heart Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo